Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday, June 24, 2006

I went to see 'The Da Vinci Code' a couple of days ago. Rather a so-so movie. I guess it followed the book pretty much. Since we had recently viewed Da Vinci's "Ginevra" at the National Gallery in D.C., I was surprised to catch a glimpse of this image in the course of the movie (I think when they were in a dark underground room in London). I thought to myself - This painting has been in the U.S. since the early 1960's. What is going on here.

I really enjoy Zadie Smith Novels. I re-read 'On Beauty' last month and have started re-reading 'White Teeth'. She has a wonderfully humorous way of putting things.
I recently found a website that has the pictures that are discussed in 'On Beauty': http://www.authortrek.com/on_beauty_page.html
It's fun to see the art, while reading the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home