Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bountiful Bonanza

I loaded up at the Farmer's Market this morning. I bought Curly Kale & Red Kale (for the Mollie Katzen recipe with kale, penne pasta and feta cheese - yum), and fresh washed Spinach and baby salad greens for dinner tonight. I picked up a pot of Spearmint because I had been wanting some mint, now I'm wondering if I'll be allowed to plant it in the yard. ;-). I got a pint of local strawberries that are not bad. At least they're not crunchy like the ones two weeks ago.
Also beautiful broccoli spears and some creamy cheddar cheese which I made into the following salad for my lunch.






Salad:
8 cups Broccoli Florets, uncooked
8 strips Bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 Green Onions, chopped
3/4 cup Golden Raisins
1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
Dressing:
1 1/3 cups Mayonnaise
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons White Vinegar

Combine broccoli, bacon, onion, raisins and almonds in large bowl.
Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over broccoli. Toss gently.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home