Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sweet Potato Casserole

I'm making this recipe tomorrow for Easter. We'll have ham also. I'll have asparagus, and GW will have green beans.


1 can sweet potatoes (40 ounce) drained
and mashed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup pecans, diced
5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted


1 Preheat oven to 350ยบ F and forget your calorie
count for the day.
2 Mix first seven ingredients together and pour
into buttered casserole pan.
3 In a separate bowl, combine the topping
ingredients. Crumble over the top of sweet
potatoes, then bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
4 Enjoy multiple servings and worry about working
off the calories later :-).

Note: I don't like canned sweet potatoes, so I cook my own fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home