Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Shrimp and Grits


The other day there was an article about Nathalie Dupree in the local newspaper. She used to have a cooking show years ago. I have her 'New Southern Cooking' cookbook. She has a new cookbook out called 'Shrimp & Grits'. Eighty-some recipes for shrimp and grits I guess. Reminds me of my Pachelbel CD - 'Pachelbels Greatest Hit'. Ten or twelve versions of Pachelbel's Canon.
Anyway, it inspired me to make shrimp and grits for supper last night. I used the recipe I have from Crook's Corner for the shrimp and the recipe from Mary Kay Andrew's book 'Hissy Fit' called Grits and Greens. Of course I had to make separate casseroles of grits. One with greens and one without. Some people won't eat anything that has 'green stuff' in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home