Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday Morning

As I started to leave the front porch, I noticed I was trapped by a spider web.  Have to be careful this time of year.  Carry a stick up front to strike down webs.  I was on my way to the community market where I bought wax beans, peaches, bluberries and tomatoes. 
Made an old favorite recipe from my Aunt Polly:

4 Bean Salad

1 can Green Beans, drained
1 can Kidney Beans, drained
1 can Wax Beans, drained
1 package Frozen Lima Beans, cooked, cooled, drained
1 medium Onion, sliced
1 medium Green Pepper, thinly sliced
2 stalks Celery, sliced

Dressing

1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Vinegar
1/2 cup Salad Oil
2 tablespoons Parsley
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Celery Seed


Toss together lightly, beans, onion, peppers & celery. Combine dressing ingredients and pour over bean mixture. Chill 3 - 4 hours or overnight. Pour off marinade before serving.

Note: I used fresh green beans and wax beans from the market.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home