Friday, August 22, 2008

Ray Bradbury

Today is the birthday of science fiction and fantasy writer Ray Bradbury, (books by this author) born in 1920 in Waukegan, Illinois. He has written books such as The Martian Chronicles (1950), Fahrenheit 451 (1953), and Farewell Summer (2006).
Ray Bradbury who said, "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
And, "Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down."


Fahrenheit 451 Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Makes me recall the mindset of the early '50s. Of the future world predicitons: some are pretty close (ear buds), others pretty naive. I love his writing, though, 'Dandelion Wine' is still my favorite.


View all my reviews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home